Friday, February 1, 2013

Dearest friends and family
As many of you may know I received a kidney transplant from my brother Matt Freiberg on June 6th 1997. Although I have had 13 good healthy years, in the past year I have been informed that my kidney that my brother so graciously donated to me has failed. I am at the end of this kidney’s life and I am in need of another kidney to replace this one.
If you are willing or know someone that would be willing to be tested as a possible matching donor I am looking for someone that would be blood Type O.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could help spread the word amongst your friends, family, coworkers and associates.
I have not been feeling well lately, due in part to the medication I am on, and i am on at home kidney dialysis 6 days a week.
If you know of someone willing to be tested I would be eager to talk to them to explain the process to them and answer any questions they may have.
My medical insurance will pick up all costs incurred during this procedure.
My current contact information is listed below and I am currently living in Monticello.
Melissa Larson
763-614-7443
mrslars@gmail.com
I have listed the contact information below for my contact at The Transplant Center.
The Transplant Center
At the University of Minnesota
612-625-5115
800-328-5465
Thank you,
Melissa Larson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a BON member and I am eighter "O" or "O+" but if there is a chance I can help I would be willing to be tested just let me know what I would need to do. thefireman216 Darrel McKown

Unknown said...

My husband is in need of a kidney also. He's been on dialysis now for 4 years, is a type B+ and has been on the transplant list for 5 years. I found your site from facebook. I would really like to talk to you about how you set up your non-profit, the responses on your facebook page, and how you got the word out.

Please email me back and we can exchange information via email.

Thanks